Heather Princess

Sunday, August 27, 2006

It's been awhile...

Wow...I can't believe that it's been so long since I last posted...I'm such a slacker. It's actually been pretty busy lately and I've not had that much access to a computer. I was house-sitting my pastors house for the week...and I guess also looking after their 17 year old niece...although not really cuz she can look after herself...just staying in the house with her.

The house I might add is home to many interesting pets...There is a hamster (pretty normal!), a snake, 3 lizards & a tarantula...so it has been interesting. On Thursday I had to go and buy some more crickets and worms for them to eat...when I got to the pet store I told the guy that I needed some crickets & worms...and he said "lets start with the crickets...what size do you need?"

WHAT THE ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? There are different SIZES...I don't know! Anyways so he thought he could help me figure out the number of bugs to buy if I told him what kind of lizards, and tarantula they were...I just looked at him and asked "Do I look like I would know what kind of things they were?" And his response was "mmmmm...no"

Anyways we eventually figured it out and he sold me the bugs and I was on my way...the next feat was to get the bugs out of the bags and into the containers that they are stored in...Now the worms were easy...they don't JUMP. But the crickets...now that's another story. But I am proud to say that I only managed to let one little cricket escape...although I did sleep a little more restlessly wondering if or when it would crawl...or should I say hop...into bed with me.!

The week of housesitting was really nice...I have to say that my favorite thing was looking through their vast number of books to read and trying to choose what I would read. I managed to finish 3 books while they were away and am hoping to be able to borrow some others!

That's about it for now!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    Hey Princess,

    Nice to know you survived your week with the wild side of nature! You did much better than I when feeding these animals, I think I let a lot of crickets escape!

    Oh, and just be thankful that "Harry" didn't decide to shed his endoskeleton again!

    Much love,
    Keeler

     
  • At 2:50 PM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    Oh, this brought back so many memories! We only have wall spiders, and a rat in the backyard (that by the pure grace of God I have never seen!) :)
    Bless you! Rochelle

     

Post a Comment

<< Home