Heather Princess

Monday, June 04, 2007

Footy!!!

I'm going to my first EVER footy game on Saturday with my housemate Claire! I'm very excited...I've only ever seen it on T.V. but Claire has tickets for us to actually go to the game on Saturday! I am quite excited...and promise to post pictures after the game!

The teams playing are Hawthorn (Claire's team she goes for) and Sydney. This will be an adventure. I also had an adventure today of having Pumpkin soup. Mmmmm...it was good!

I am truly looking forward to my first footy game and see what all the hype is really all about. Everyone here gets so into the footy. It's crazytown (in a good way of course)! Last week I went over to my new boss and his wife's house for supper (or as they say here 'tea') and their 5 year old son asked me to read him a book and it was all about Footy...so I feel somewhat informed of the sport!!!! Not really! But it was hilarious to see how much even kids get into the footy. He knew all the teams and even came out later wearing his whole footy outfit thingy!

Needless to say...I can't wait for Saturday for the game!

6 Comments:

  • At 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I started coaching "footy" today for kids ages 3-5, mostly 4 year olds. Good times.

     
  • At 12:19 AM, Blogger Heather Princess said…

    Yo Ang...Footy is not soccer...It's like Rugby.

     
  • At 9:02 AM, Blogger fee said…

    I AM SO JEALOUS!!!!
    but you are only going to see the hawks and the swans, it's not like its the crows or even the eagles! hopefully it will be fun. oh i love the footy.
    GO THE CROWS!

     
  • At 5:00 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Rock on :) Have fun at the footy! That's very Australian of you :) lol, I'm all like, yay, footy, woohoo; and Fiona's like GO YOU GOOD THING! Classic :)

     
  • At 8:36 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Hi Heather
    Be sure to learn all the songs. DO they sing the fan songs like they do in England and Scotland? That is the best part of "Fitba" as they say in the old country. I'll be waiting to find out what it was like.
    Sandy

     
  • At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Heather - Vanessa here (your work friend). I'm off to the game too - might see you there. Go those mighty Swanies!!

    Yes, we do have theme songs (for your Aunty's question) - would you like to learn the Swan's one? I'll teach it to you.

    Hope you enjoy the game!

    See you on Tuesday if I don't see you at the "G".

    Vanessa

     

Post a Comment

<< Home