Heather Princess

Sunday, March 19, 2006

March Break Update

Ok...So first of all...I'm a slacker cuz I've not blogged in ages...but I don't really think that many people read this anyways...so whatever!

Got back from our 614 Kids March Break Camp yesterday. It was a week of such amazing moments...I really enjoyed worshipping and praying with the kids. The games and missions put on by the lovely and beautiful Kanga were amazing. The kids (and leaders) just had such an amazing God-filled week. I was really glad to be a part of it.
This was actually the first year where I was blessed with a job that made it possible for me to be at the entire camp...other years I've only been able to be at half or so of the camp...and it was such a blessing to me.

Lots of kids from my squads were there and it was just a great chance to get to know them better and to hang out with them. I find that most of the time I learn so much from the kids that I work with. Sometimes I think that they teach me much more than I could ever teach them.

Their memory verse for the week was "Be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power" Ephesians 6:10...and to hear them all saying the verse and walking around the camp singing the words of songs such as "our God is a great big God and he holds us in his hands" or "Oi Oi we are gonna praise the Lord, He's an exciting, power-rising c-c-colossal humongous, mongous God" was one of the most beautiful parts of my whole week. It showed me how much they were learning and I believe that God will use them for amazing things.

That's it for now!

3 Comments:

  • At 10:58 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    yay... it'sabout time you updated!
    Sounds like March Break camp was fun times. I love those kids.

     
  • At 12:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm glad you had a great time at camp. I kinda wish that I was able to work at camp during my years in highschool that I didn't have a job. So many people here talk about working at camp and how much fun it was. Well I hope you have a good week. Enjoy, HT.

     
  • At 3:16 PM, Blogger jenn said…

    and last night asking one of the kids if they remember the memory verse from camp, and without even pausing, her brother says it straight off. including the scripture reference...
    pretty cool

     

Post a Comment

<< Home