Heather Princess

Friday, August 24, 2007

Yippee For Fridays!

Why is it that Friday's are always a great day?!?!?! I think its because I can just anticipate the weekend coming and how much fun I am going to have. Today was a great friday...although I did miss both Naomi & Vanessa at work.

I had a meeting about ACC this morning (Agressive Christianity Conference) so that was good...it involved both cupcakes and coffee...which you can never go wrong with.

For those of you who don't know...I've given up eating chocolate...unless it is fairtrade. Which means less chocolate...cuz fairtrade is harder to find and more expensive...but I watched a video at Unlimited last weekend which was very impactful on me...and I will never look at chocolate the same again. I had no idea that human traffiking for cocoa bean picking even would still have existed in the year 2007...but it does. I will only now eat fairtrade chocolate. This has been easy. The video left such an impact on me that when I even see chocolate I get disgusted by it.

Well...I'm heading out for a late night ice cream trip with Cate in a minute...Good times!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:54 PM, Blogger fee said…

    please tell me you didn't go to i; docce freddo...i'l be jealous. i've kind of given up eating choc since i moved to canada, but only because i think it tastes like crap here...
    it's funny isn't it. i've been thinking this week about how ignorant i could really be about world affairs if i wanted (and try as i might, it's a really hard thing, i am slowly slowly getting there). it's so much easier to live in a world where we just try and please ourselves.
    good on you, miss hortons. oh wait, does that mean fair trade coffee too? all power to the non-chocolate eaters!

     
  • At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Heath - you have excelled!

    200 points to you mother rabbit!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home