Heather Princess

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Boring Sporting Events!

Today I am privileged to go to a party to celebrate the State of Origin...Final Game. It's a HUGE thing in New South Wales (the state I live in) and Queensland (the next state over). They go mad about it over here. There are three games and the people in those states are crazy over this game. It's so hilarious. The first game I watched bits of it (well...enough to choose which team had the better looking guys on it!) at the school on the big screen with my classmates. The second game I watched at a pub because apparently the real Aussie experience is watching it at a pub with everyone going crazy. That was an interesting time because we watched it in a pub in New South Wales and my classmate Anita cheers for Queensland...and so was causing quite the disturbance in the pub. I thought that we might get beaten...maybe they were okay because NSW won! I don't really know. All I know is that the teams had equally good looking men on each and so I chose NSW for 2 reasons.... 1) I live there ... 2) Their jersey color is blue which matches my eyes better than the Queensland maroon color!
So tonight I am going to watch the final game at Paul & Robbin's house (they are the corps officers where I am doing my placement). The teams are tied so it should make for an interesting game. It is Rugby...which is a totally violent sport...they always look like they must be in pain! Oh well...it should be fun! I'm sure I will enjoy the game tonight :) GO BLUES! ...Just trying to look like I'm getting into it!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger Heather Princess said…

    I actually have to say that I did enjoy the game....it was great!

     
  • At 8:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    GO THE BLUES - you chose a mighty GREAT team to pick!!!!

    Don't let those qlders take advantage of you while you're at the school either?!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home