Heather Princess

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

24/7 Prayer

So this week at 614 we are having 24/7 prayer...I've been having some really great times in the prayer room and really hearing God's voice. It has been so amazing already and I still have many more shifts to go!

The room is set up so very beautifully and it is so calm and serene when you go in and it feels so peaceful. I love spending time in there and can't get enough of it. I have actually signed up for extra sessions than I had originally put my name down for because I am just so peaceful and love going in there. The 2 hour shifts seem to just fly by way too fast.

The one thing that has so far been my absolute favorite was on Monday in my very first shift. I went and looked at the sign up sheet and saw that an activity had been added right smack dab in the middle of my slot...and it was Yoga. I thought "oh great...I'm gonna have to do yoga and I don't think that I'll like it". Well...it turned out to be so amazing. Sandra explained to us first that it is a really powerful way to worship God with your body rather than letting it just get ignored in the prayer and worship of God. Then we learned some yoga exercises with certain prayers or Bible verses that go with them...it was really beautiful, relaxing and by the end I felt really amazingly connected with God body, soul and spirit...so much so that I even asked Sandra to write down the prayers and exercises for me. It is something that I would like to continue in my personal prayer times.

My next shift is tommorrow afternoon from 1pm-3pm...then again tomorrow night from 1am -3am...and I'm really looking forward to it!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:03 PM, Blogger Dan King said…

    Heather ...

    Great to hear that you guys are going for it with prayer at the 614 there in Australia!!

    Keep pushing into the heart of the Father 24-7!!

    ::danKing::

     

Post a Comment

<< Home