Heather Princess

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The things we take for granted...

So on the weekend I was realizing that I take many things for granted. I took one of my squad kids to see a movie on Monday afternoon (I'm counting it as the weekend because it was a day off and a long weekend!!) Anyways we got to the theatre and I found out that it was actually her first time ever going to a movie theatre. She was fascinated by EVERYTHING! The lights on the stairs...how dark it got before the movie was about to start...the posters on the wall. It was amazing to see her face light up when she got her popcorn and treat that came in the Kid's Combo. And to see her engrossed in the movie...and she sat through the whole thing...which is no small feat for this particular little girl!

Then after the movie my friend Kanga and I decided to stop and grab a tea (for those of you who know I'm still not drinking coffee again yet!) And so we went to the Tim Hortons drivethrough where we found out that it was actually her first time ever in a drive through either. She said "you just asked for it through that machine now how are you going to get it?" So I told her to watch and then we went to the window and got it.

Sometimes I forget that some of the things that I did as a kid some people never get the opportunity to do. This little girl has hardly even been outside of Regent let alone have gone on vacations...etc.
So anyways that all just got me thinking about it!

Then last night I went to see the Fireworks with some friends...that was good fun! We just enjoyed being together and watching the fireworks...then I went out for coffee with some friends before heading home...so it was just a really relaxing and fun day...which I am really thankful for. It made me thankful for good friends and family!

Had an amazing time playing a game "jungle speed" with Sasha and Anya...and I even won twice which is pretty tough cuz Anya is most definately a tough competitor at that game (yes...an 8 year old beat me numerous times!)

3 Comments:

  • At 8:32 PM, Blogger Jason Waters said…

    Hey Heather!!

    It's been ages since I checked you blog, so I thought I'd take a look and see what was up in the Princess' world. Sounds like things are going pretty well.

    It is interesting what we take for granted and it is always great to be reminded of how lucky we are from to time...

    Keep on being an "agent of positive change" (to quote Gary)!!

    Blessings!!

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger fee said…

    i so forgive you for stealing my blog.
    i love bon jovi.

     
  • At 11:42 PM, Blogger Heather Princess said…

    I LOVE BON JOVI TOO!!!!!!! And I will help you to learn all the correct words for Shot Through The Heart!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home