Heather Princess

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Tired...

That's how I've been feeling for the last week or so. I am just so exhausted all the time...and yet I manage to keep going. So I've decided that tonight I am going to get some really good rest. I am having lots of fun with my friend Heather Rowe...but she goes home on Monday and then I will be sad :(

Today was a busy day but it was also really good fun. I started off the morning by going into my church at 6am to pray for the people that I am in relationship with who are struggling in different ways. After that I came home and had "holy space" with my team...where we were trying to practice the discipline of silence. It was a really great time of reflection for me...specifically on that particular discipline.

Following that I had kids squads and we went to the park, had bible, and then ate a really great lunch of sandwiches and tomato soup together. It was really good fun.

At 2:oopm we had the opening for the year of the Peace Garden in Regent Park. This is a garden that was started by a group called the "Dreamers" and it is a symbolic way of honoring and remembering people from the community who died through accidental death or violence. The opening was really beautiful and many people payed tribute to those that they lost to death through violence.

After that I went home and had a nap seeing as I've been up since 5am...and there was still much more of my day to go! Then I went to a birthday party of one of the little girls from church...Emma. Her party was good fun and all the kids seemed to be really enjoying themselves. I was happy to be a part of her special day and seeing the joy on her face as she played games with all of her friends really brought a lot of joy to my heart!

Next...I'm on my way out to my lovely friend Zoe's birthday party...should be good fun!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    man are you a busy lady. I am on my way home right now. Stopping for the night in winnipeg, and I think we are going to go to the corps tomorrow morning. Well I hope you have a great day. Enjoy, HT.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home