Heather Princess

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

I HATE BEING SICK...and the internet

Yeah...so I just wrote this massively huge blog...and the internet crashed and I lost it...so that is why the tag on at the end of my title.

So I have been sick for the last few days. I got a stomach bug of some sort on Monday morning and now today I am starting to feel a bit better. I've been doing the whole living off crackers and gingerale thing. I really hate being sick! It is just such an icky feeling. It really sucked because Kevin Metcalf came up to teach us and I missed most of his classes because I was so sick. I was really looking forward to his teaching.

Tommorrow we head out to a place called Long Jetty to do outreach. For all you canadians reading a Jetty is like a dock. So basically the name of the town is Long Dock...anyways...maybe not...cuz that just sounds stupid! We will be doing a prayer walk tommorrow and then we will be going door to door and asking people if they have any odd jobs they want done the next day...ie-mowing lawns, doing dishes, sweeping, etc. Then on Thursday we spend the day doing those odd jobs, then we go out to dinner with some people from the church...I think. Then on Saturday we spend the day at a place called the entrance giving hand massages and making balloon animals for people...probably inviting them to church too I'm sure. Then we are doing the meeting at Long Jetty Community Church on Sunday and I am giving my testimony...so that should be fun and exciting.

So I am looking forward to a fun weekend.

This past weekend I went into Sydney and it was a lot of fun! I should go into the city more often! I visited Jo who I met at Streetlevel over my 3 month placement, she recently had surgery and I wanted to go and see how she was doing. Her daughter Emma (who's blog you can access from the sidebar) is a friend I made during the 3 months also...so I got to spend time with her also! It was a lot of fun! Then in the evening we went to the Junior Music Camp concert...which was really very fun!
Ally and I sat at the very back by ourselves because we came late due to the fact that we went for coffee first. Mmmmmm...coffee!

3 Comments:

  • At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad you are feeling better. Of course, the internet keeps you in touch with the world ... you just hate when the computer you're using crashes, or your little part of the internet ...
    See you in a couple of weeks. We're looking forward to seeing you and meeting your classmates.

     
  • At 9:54 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    Love you and miss you... and Newfoundland sucks! Yea, I miss T.O... but what can you do?

     
  • At 12:47 AM, Blogger Heather Princess said…

    Miss you too Rowe Rowe!

    Newfoundland must have SOME pluses!

    Love ya!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home