Heather Princess

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

This Past Weekend...

was amazing! We had a youth leaders conference type thing at the school...so we had lots of guest visting our campus! It was a lot of fun! The guest for the weekend was Russell Rook who I've heard speak a few times at SARoots. I find him very enjoyable to listen to and he has a lot of wisdom!

It was great just to get a chance to hear about what is going on for youth at corps all around the Sydney area. It was a time to just share with each other about experiences and learn from the other youth leaders. It was really great! I learned some great stuff that will be useful in my ministry.

Since Monday we've been doing classes on the Father Heart of God. An officer named Andrew is teaching us and he is a great teacher. It's been really great to really look deep at the charictaristics of God and how I relate to each characteristics...like which ones mean the most to me and such. Today I looked up Isaiah 6:1 which says : "In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple." I was so overtaken with the fact that one of God's characteristics is that he is so holy...in fact he's so holy that just that little bit of him (the train of his robe) fills the entire temple...which just makes me see how hugely holy he really is. Anyway hope that makes sense!

Should go do some work now!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's even more awesome when you realize that 'train' is a translation based on european royal dress. No such thing existed in the ancient near east, so a better translation would be the hem of his robe filled the temple. Which makes the metaphor for God's incredible presence even bigger! Glad you had a great weekend and are enjoying your classes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home